Software Engineering is not programming: every software engineer knows how to write programs, but also knows how to operate in a group with different roles and responsibilities, with timelines, and has the ability to abstract from concrete problems to model general software solutions.
Graduate students form the Software Engineering program at the Sapienza University of Rome are committed to excellence. Upon graduation, students frequently receive multiple job offers, and our alumni have gone on to brilliant careers in industry, research/academia or as entrepreneurs. They hold leadership positions in leading industries in the IT sector such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Digital Catapult, Ericsson, IBM, Telecom and more.
Our graduate program aims to leverage the strengths of our students. The Master in Software Engineering program at Sapienza University of Rome provides the following opportunities to highly motivated, talented students:
- hands on labs associated to courses allowing the experience with innovative paradigms and technologies;
- a competitive “excellent students honor program”,
- merit-based access to research labs (and associated scholarships);
- internships in highly innovative SMEs and research labs;
- seminars to acquire cross-sectorial (management/business) skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Automatic Software Verification Methods
- Concurrent Systems
- Formal Methods for Software Development
- Security of Software Applications
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 11 other Masters in Software Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- student registration code (MATRICOLA)
- original and copy of tyour Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Engineering translated into Italian, legalized or with Apostille and accompanied by the Declaration of Equal Value issued by the competent Italian diplomatic authorities(Embassy or Consulate)of the country where you obtained your Degree and in charge of the University qualification system
- the original and a copy of your academic transcript issued by the University, including all examinations taken, translated into Italian and legalized
- the original and a copy of your ID or Passport
- the original and a copy of your residence permit card(*for non-EU citizens regularly living in Italy)
- the original and a copy of your study visa for university enrollment (*for non-EU citizens regularly living abroad), with the original form A, filled out at the Italian embassy in the country where you started the pre-enrollment procedure
International2924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2924 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2924 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.