The Advertising (Executive Stream) programme offered by Dublin Institute Of Technology is designed to equip students for a career in advertising in general, and in advertising agencies in particular.
Graduates are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable them to take up positions of responsibility in advertising agencies. Some also work in specialist advertising companies such as creative boutiques or media specialists. Others work in related advertising and marketing service areas such as market research, graphic design, sales promotions or direct marketing. Opportunities also arise with media companies in media sales or on the client side in advertising or promotions management.
What are the learning outcomes of the programme?
- Students will be able to demonstrate the principals and processes involved in all channels of communications. This includes advertising, public relations, media, customer relationship management, direct marketing, consumer promotions, multimedia, new media and new channels in development
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge and advanced skills in idea generation, creative concept formation, planning and execution of advertising and marketing communication campaigns
- Students will be able to demonstrate full cognisance of the changing role of media management including media strategy, media planning, media consumer planning buying and analysis.
- Students will develop a critical awareness of the processes involved in developing creative strategies including art direction, copywriting and integration of creative across all channels
- Students will acquire a range of high level skills relating to the principals and processes involved in television, radio and print production as required in advertising campaigns, display, publicity, sales promotion and direct marketing campaigns
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles Of Advertising, Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Communications
- Advertising Research
- Advertising Media
- Creative And Production Techniques.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Marketing View 45 other Masters in Marketing in Ireland
Minimum second class honours bachelor degree (2.2 or higher) in any discipline or equivalent third level qualification. Short listed candidates will be interviewed between mid-May and early June of the year of intake. Students must apply for a place in their preferred stream either creative or executive during the application process.
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8300 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.