Building on the broad principles gained from a relevant Bachelor's degree, the Power Engineering degree from the University of Duisburg-Essen will deepen awareness of:
- Electromagnetic field theory as well as the higher and numerical mathematics required for technically demanding subjects
- The technical subjects that provide the basis for demanding roles in electrical engineering and information technology
- The technical subjects required for demanding roles in the areas of electrical power engineering and automation technology
The course particularly aims to:
- Introduce students to challenging areas of theory
- Develop the ability to solve complex issues that require the comprehensive theory-based tools of modelling, synthesis and simulation
- Develop knowledge of advanced theories;
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills in the area of power engineering;
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills in the area of electrical engineering and information technology;
- Be able to pursue their preference for a commercial or academic career via their choice of electives;
- Have an enhanced general education with advanced language skills in German or English as well as increased employability from learning team-working and communication skills.
- Gain experience of applying scientific methods to deal independently with problems of electrical and power engineering (or its application in another engineering discipline) within a specific timeframe, and be able to present the issues clearly.
Accredited by ASIIN
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Numerical Mathematics
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Power System Operation and Control
- Power System Operation and Control Lab
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering View 20 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject area
- with adequate length of studies and
- with an average mark of at least 2.5 issued in Germany or a foreign equivalent.
- When enrolling, applicants must prove that they have knowledge of the German and English language according to the completed level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
All students are, however, subject to a student body and social contribution fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.