In particular, Metallurgy and Metal Forming graduates at the University of Duisburg-Essen will be able to fulfil corporate managerial roles and communicate in a managerial capacity with customers and official bodies. As well as in-depth lectures on metallurgy, physical metallurgy, plastomechanics and thermodynamics, special lectures will cover process simulation, data processing and project management.
Graduates will enjoy excellent career prospects in managerial roles in the iron, steel and metal processing industries, or could go on to complete a doctorate in Germany or elsewhere.
Principal employment areas include metal manufacturing, with a focus on the iron and steel industry and its related processing activities. Graduates may also find employment in companies where metallic materials are used in manufacturing, production and processing. These include consultancies specializing in construction-related mechanical engineering concerning metallic materials; companies specializing in heat treatment processing for volume-oriented or surface-oriented materials; and the many branches of the metal processing industry, such as bodywork and parts manufacture for the automotive sector.
- Develop an awareness of advanced theory;
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills in materials technology;
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills in production technology;
- Be able to pursue their preference for a commercial or academic career via their choice of electives;
- Have an enhanced general education with advanced language skills in German or English as well as increased employability from learning team-working and communication skills.
- Have demonstrated that they can apply scientific methods to deal independently with problems of materials technology (or its application in another area of engineering) within a specific timeframe, and be able to present the issues clearly.
Accredited by ASIIN
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Non-Technical Subjects
- Tensor Calculus
- Testing of Metallic Materials
- Recycling of Oxidic and Metallic Materials
- Computer Application in Metallurgy and Metal Forming
- Production Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 30 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject area
- with adequate length of studies and
- with an average mark of at least 2.5 issued in Germany or a foreign equivalent.
- When enrolling, applicants must prove that they have knowledge of the German and English language according to the completed level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.