Students will build on the principles and methods learned in their Bachelor's degree; thereby enhance their knowledge of information technologies and the ability to apply them. They will also deepen their knowledge of current research in specific areas.
Students in the Computer Engineering programme from University of Duisburg-Essen have the choice of two study paths. For the Intelligent Networked Systems path, modules include the internet of things, context-adaptive systems, neuro-informatics and organic computing as well as distributed systems. For the Interactive Systems and Visualization path, modules include graphic data processing and visualization, interactive systems, the design of interactive teach-learn systems, multimedia systems and scientific visualization.
- Master the advanced principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering;
- Develop specialist knowledge and informational concepts, methods and programming environments for intelligent networked systems or for the realization of interactive systems and information visualization systems;
- Be qualified to choose between the two possible paths and will be able to pursue their preference for a commercial or academic career via their choice of electives;
- Will have an enhanced general education with advanced language skills in German or English as well as increased employability from learning team-working and communication skills;
Accredited by ASIIN
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The M.Sc. programme has been completed when 120 ECTS credits have been acquired.
- 18 ECTS credits in the technical elective module "fundamentals"
- 30 ECTS credits in the technical elective module of the profile
- 18 ECTS credits in the technical elective module of the degree
- 15 ECTS credits for the master project
- 9 ECTS credits in the non-technical module
- 30 ECTS credits for the master thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences IT Security View 111 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject area
- with adequate length of studies and
- with an average mark of at least 2.5 issued in Germany or a foreign equivalent.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.