Alongside in-depth lectures on electrical engineering, computer science and information and communications technology, special lectures on data processing, information technology and communications networks will allow students to choose their own study path.
Graduates in the Communications Engineering programme from University of Duisburg-Essen will gain the skills to develop a sophisticated understanding of modern IT and communications systems, particularly as they relate to the needs of customers and corporations. Computer technology and software development are as important here as the individual electrical system components.
- Develop an understanding of advanced theories;
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills in communications technology;
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills in electrical engineering and information technology;
- Will be able to pursue their preference for a commercial or academic career via their choice of electives;
- Will have an enhanced general education with advanced language skills in German or English as well as increased employability from learning team-working and communication skills.
Accredited by ASIIN
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coding Theory
- Distributed Systems
- Non-Technical Subjects
- Radio Propagation Channels
- Microwave Theory and Techniques
- Communication Networks
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Communication Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 112 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject area
- with adequate length of studies and
- with an average mark of at least 2.5 issued in Germany or a foreign equivalent.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Duisburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.