The Digital Media, Communication and Journalism - Risk Communication and Crisis Journalism programme of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki combines the methodical engagement with the rich theoretical and case study research literature with a hands on coverage of current crises and emergencies, the pathway explores the best practices in dealing with the issues of peace and war, environment, science and public health.
- Awareness of the significance of risk communication in contemporary global society
- Ability to match appropriate form of risk communication to type of risk
- Appreciation of the challenges and parameters of independent reporting in the diverse field of risk/crisis journalism
- Acquisition of key investigative, analytical and reporting skills regarding the covering of crises/risks/emergencies issues from an independent, scrupulous and socially responsible point of view
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Risk Communication
- Peace Journalism
- Environmental Journalism
- Science Journalism
- Mass Communication and Public Health
- Communication Campaign Design and Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 3 other Masters in Journalism in Greece
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The MA in Digital Media, Communication and Journalism accepts applicants from a variety of disciplines, namely Journalism, Communication, Advertising Marketing, Political, Social and Cultural Studies, Economics, Comparative, European and International Studies, History
- Applicants must hold a degree from a Greek or a foreign university or advanced technological educational institute, at a 2.1 level or equivalent grade (eg. B, very good, etc)
- Professional or research experience relevant to the pathway you have applied for, will be taken into consideration, particularly in the case of pathways 2 & 3, that involve journalistic/ communication skills
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Thessaloníki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.