With Athabasca University’s Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies - Literary Studies, you will learn to think holistically, critically and reflectively. You will find the connections and points of overlap between specialized and generalized knowledge. You will also learn problem-solving skills and policy-making strategies.
Literary Studies encourages students to take an interdisciplinary and comparative approach to the study of literature. Works from the English-speaking world as well as works in English translation will be read. Studied works from across the Humanities and the social sciences will allow the literary interests of individual students and the research and teaching strengths of faculty to be explored. Your program will finish with a final integrated project or capstone paper that will exercise and explore your newly acquired skills and knowledge.
You can choose to complete this project in a grouped study capstone course, or through an individual study project that will allow you to:
- explore a question or issue that’s important to you
- relate your research to a work or life situation
- address a community problem
- Self-Directed Behaviour
- Global Education
- Global Governance and Law
- Industrial Heritage
- Heritage and Risk Management
- Architectural Conservation
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Literature Teaching View 20 other Masters in Teaching in Canada
- To apply for an Athabasca University graduate program you must have an undergraduate degree. Doctorate programs require a master’s degree to qualify for admission.
- Requirements for graduate programs vary and are listed on each program’s website. You can take some graduate courses without being admitted to the full program if you meet the non-program student requirements for said program. Requirements for graduate programs are listed on each program’s website.
International1859 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1859 CAD per module during 24 months.
National1654 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1654 CAD per module during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.