With Athabasca University’s Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies - Adult Education, you will learn to think holistically, critically and reflectively. You will find the connections and points of overlap between specialized and generalized knowledge. You will also learn problem-solving skills and policy-making strategies.
The MA-IS program allows you to relate your research to issues in your life, workplace and community. Your program will finish with a final integrated project or capstone paper that will exercise and explore your newly acquired skills and knowledge.
You can choose to complete this project in a grouped study capstone course, or through an individual study project that will allow you to:
- explore a question or issue that’s important to you
- relate your research to a work or life situation
- address a community problem
- Making Sense of Theory in the Arts and Social Sciences
- Researching Society and Culture
- Global Education
- Governance and Leadership
- Foundations of Education in Canada
- Innovative Public Management
- Industrial Heritage
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 6 other Masters in Adult Education in Canada
- To apply for an Athabasca University graduate program you must have an undergraduate degree. Doctorate programs require a master’s degree to qualify for admission.
- Requirements for graduate programs vary and are listed on each program’s website. You can take some graduate courses without being admitted to the full program if you meet the non-program student requirements for said program. Requirements for graduate programs are listed on each program’s website.
International2100 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 CAD per module during 24 months.
National1868 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1868 CAD per module during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.