We have seen a growing demand for Performance Coaching professionals throughout the world of sport and human performance. With the explosion of technology in sport in recent years there is a requirement for key individuals to gain the skill sets to understand and interpret data and develop the practical application and coaching skills to devise, implement and oversee performance-related programmes.
This Masters of Science in Performance Coaching is a joint programme by Setanta College and the Irish American University. The programme is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Our industry-recognised qualification will give you:
- An advanced understanding of both current and emerging technology, knowledge and practice in performance science.
- Practical coaching skills in the application of technology in sport.
- Preparation and encouragement to pursue future coaching and performance management opportunities.
- Higher order creative, critical and reflective thinking skills that encourage application and evaluation.
- A multidisciplinary approach to working confidently within sport and human performance at an elite level.
This programme will produce graduates capable of coaching, planning, managing and implementing the latest sports technology and methodologies based on current science and its practical application. As such, it is expected that graduates will be well prepared to accept high levels of responsibility within a variety of sports and fitness industry sectors. They include but are not limited to:
- Elite and Amateur levels in Team and Individual sports
- National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGB)
- Health and Public sector
- Health and Fitness industry
- Freelance and Consultancy
- Sports Technology, Equipment and Performance Science
- The Master of Science in Performance Coaching is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- This is one of the World’s leading accrediting bodies, recognised globally and comes under the US Department of Education’s Council of Higher Education Accreditation.
- Furthermore, Setanta College Professional Advisory Board, other subject matter experts, and international sporting organisations have informed, reviewed, and approved the course content.
- This includes World Rugby, the Titleist Performance Institute, and the NSCA who recognise our programmes and qualifications.
- Advanced Conditioning and Recovery Methods
- Coaching & Monitoring Technology
- Human Motion & Movement Analysis
- Sports & Exercise Nutrition
- Biomedical Aspects & Applied Coaching
- Data Management & Research Methods
- Applied Project
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences View 11 other Masters in Sports Management in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Candidates may be accepted onto the programme with a primary degree in any one of the following:
- Strength and Conditioning, Sports Science, Sports Physiotherapy, Athletic Training or a similar field of study and at least three years relevant professional experience
- An appropriate professional qualification (such as CSCS, UKSCA) and at least five years relevant experience
- Special Case Registrations: prospective participants who do not meet the entry requirements for the programme detailed above, but who may qualify for admission by meeting certain other equivalent criteria, should apply to the College Administrator for consideration. An interview may form part of the selection process for all application routes
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR for the full programme during 15 months.
EU/EEA7600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 EUR for the full programme during 15 months.
Living costs for Thurles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.