Cal U's special education programs are rooted in applied behavior analysis and proven best practices. Our autism M.Ed. directly addresses the needs of today's educators who are seeing a rapidly growing prevalence of autism spectrum disorders - as well as the many school districts that are in need of special education teachers who are specifically focused on autism spectrum disorders.
As a student of the Special Education - Autism Spectrum Disorders program from California University of Pennsylvania you will:
- Have the flexibility to complete your online courses on the schedule that's best for you.
- Learn how to understand and address the unique and complex challenges faced by individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Get hands-on practice designing and delivering communication, behavior and instructional support for diverse learners with autism spectrum disorders.
- Benefit from career support from program faculty and Cal U's Career and Professional Development Center.
- Life Skills Planning and Instruction
- Assessment and Prescriptive Teaching
- Transition Planning & Instruction
- Early Intervention: Special Education
- Field Experience Seminar in Special Education
- Introduction to Behavior Analysis
- Nature/Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Communication, Behavior and Instruction: Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 285 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 2.80 or a 3.00 in last 48 credits earned (Students with a GPA below 2.80 may apply for conditional admission)
- Official transcripts from an accredited undergraduate institution
- MEd or MEd plus Certification ONLY: Copy of teaching certificate
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Certificate ONLY: Copy of teaching certificate is not required if certification is not desired.
International23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.