The Tourism with Project Management program offered by The University of the West Indies aims at enhancing institutional capacity of public and private sector organizations by integrating an understanding of the broader tourism context with the acquisition of scientific project management competencies.
Graduates with M.S. in Tourism with Project Management from The University of the West Indies will be able to:
- respond quickly and knowledgeably to the rapidly changing external environment.
- extend the breadth of tourism-related education, knowledge and competencies in the Caribbean;
- develop the qualities and transferable skills including initiative, strategic focus, decision-making and independent learning ability necessary for today's complex tourism environment;
- Accounting for Managerial Decision Making
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Project Analysis and Appraisal
- Essentials of Management
- Research Methods for Business and Social Sciences
- Caribbean Tourism Business Environment
- Tourism Destination Management
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Human Resources Management
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies Tourism & Leisure View 22 other Masters in Management Studies in Barbados
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a university or college acceptable to the University of the West Indies, with at least a Second Class Honours.
- Students are expected to have a good grounding in a business subject such as tourism, management, marketing, finance, or economics.
- Students with 'Pass' degrees will be considered on the following conditions: they are currently working in a tourism, business or management related field, and; they are successful at an interview conducted by the entrance committee within the Department.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National9905 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14858 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
BDS $30,000 for national students
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.