The Integration Studies program offered by The University of the West Indies has been designed to create a cadre of graduates with advanced technical competence in specialized areas of knowledge, as well as to establish the foundation needed for related programmes to address the many consequences of integration for small regions like the Caribbean, covering issues such as the implications of regional integration movements for development processes, as well as the implications for related requirements of governance associated with evolving integration.
Graduates with M.S. in Integration Studies from the University of the West Indies will be able to:
- Fully seized of the integration experience particularly of the commonwealth Caribbean as well as wide-ranging global comparative exposure to the development processes linked to integration and its socio-political consequences.
- Equipped with detailed understanding of the most up to date developments in the Regional Integration process and equipped to interact in the explanation of these developments or the furtherance of policy to enhance this development.
- Appreciative of International Relations policy and the nature of the international economy as well as relationships to business, government and policy.
- International Trade Theory and Policy
- Globalisation and Global Governance
- Business, Government and International Political Economy
- Regional Integration and Development.
- Issues in Labour Migration
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Risk, Crisis g Disaster Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History General Studies & Classics View 6 other Masters in History in Barbados
- To qualify for entry candidates should normally possess a least a Second Class honours degree in Political Science/International Relations and or other Social Sciences, Law, History or related fields from an internationally accredited university.
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
International125000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 125000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National12382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12382 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
BDS$ 25,000 for national students
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.