The Human Resource Management program offered by The University of the West Indies aims to provide the Caribbean with a cadre of individuals with excellent core competencies in human resource management, ensure that students leaving the programme can provide both technical as well as practical advice to employers and to ensure that participants can communicate well, both orally and in writing.
Graduates with M.S. in Human Resource Management from the University of the West Indies will:
- Develop the critical thinking and analytical skills
- Gain skills of individuals working in HRM throughout the region
- Develop and conceptualise topics that take explicit account of the peculiarities of small island developing states and that expand the frontiers of the field of HRM.
- Accounting for Managerial Decision Making
- Human Resource Managernent
- Contemporary Industrial Relations Practices
- Compensation Management
- Human Resource Development
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Recruitment & Selection
- Performance Management
- Caribbean and International Labour Law
- Occupational Safety, Health and the Environment
- Strategic Planning Management
- Leadership & Organizational Behaviour
- Research Methods For Business & Social Sciences
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies Human Resource Management View 9 other Masters in Project Management in Barbados
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a university or college acceptable to the University of the West Indies, with at least Second Class Honours.
- Students are expected to have a good grounding in a business subject such as management, marketing, finance, or economics.
- Students with 'Pass' degrees will be considered on the following conditions: they are currently working in a business or management related field, and they are successful at an interview conducted by the entrance committee within the Department.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National14858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14858 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
BDS $30,000 for national students
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.