Designed for working chemists, but open to all bachelor's degree holders, this master's program is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The Secondary Education Certification - Chemistry program from California University of Pennsylvania also have been accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1954. We are continuing with the successor organization, the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Take a fast track to a rewarding teaching career.
- Learn the latest advancements in secondary education pedagogy while expanding your mastery of chemistry.
- Complete secondary education chemistry certification and your master's degree in four semesters of classes and one semester of student teaching.
- Acquire career experience through extensive fieldwork in assigned local classroom and student teaching.
Graduate degree courses in pedagogy give you mastery of proven practices in chemistry education, and content-specific classes expand your expertise of chemistry and related disciplines if needed. You'll also gain extensive hands-on experience through fieldwork and student teaching.
- Study chemistry curriculum development techniques and how to use the Standards Aligned System (SAS).
- Learn top strategies in lab and classroom management.
- Master classroom technology for teaching chemistry.
- Deepen your knowledge of inorganic and organic chemistry, biochemistry, instruments used in chemical experiments, and other related topics.
- Gain real-world teaching experience.
- General Chemistry
- Experimental Chem
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Analytical/lnstruments Methods
- Organic Chemistry
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry Secondary Education View 614 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 2.80 or higher (Students with a GPA below 2.80 may apply for conditional admission)
- Official transcripts from an accredited undergraduate institution
International9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 30 months.
National9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 30 months.
In-State6192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 30 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.