The MSc in Dental Public Health offered at King's College London is especially for people, not just dentists, who intend to become planners, managers of services, epidemiologists, health promoters and teachers of public health dental subjects.
The course aims to produce a highly knowledgeable individual, proficient and skilful in dental public health with an appreciation of the need for lifelong learning and the need for application of advances in relevant knowledge.
Our research themes include the social determinants of oral health inequalities, the burden of oral diseases on individuals and society, and health services research, including dental workforce.
- Practical experience in dental public health by participating in teaching, research health promotion and health services activities during placements
- Strong emphasis on evidence-based prevention of oral disease at population level
- Developing technical skills in dental public health such as critical appraisal of evidence, designing oral health surveys, planning and evaluting dental programmes, devising research protocols and data management
- A dissertation format that enables students to submit their work for publication in scientific journals
- In-house preparation for the Diploma in Dental Public Health examination of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- UK graduates: consultants in dental public health, directors of community dental services, PhD studies and senior academics in universities.
- Overseas graduates: directors of community dental services, senior academics in universities which includes setting up departments of dental public health.
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Dental Public Health
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Research Methods for Dental Public Health
- Oral Health Promotion & Oral Disease Prevention
- Planning & Evaluation for Oral Health
- Statistics for Dental Public Health
- Dental Public Health Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Dentistry View 115 other Masters in Dentistry in United Kingdom
- Bachelor's degree with 2:1 honours in a relevant subject plus an interest in dental public health, community dentistry, preventive programmes, health promotion, and/or special needs care.
- Evidence of experience of research, report writing or relevant knowledge is desirable.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International31080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31080 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11760 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.