The Banking and Finance programme at The University of the West Indies seeks to develop a formally trained cadre of banking and finance industry professionals, specifically targeting persons who desire formal academic qualifications to bolster their work experience and advance their technical competencies.
Graduates with M.S. in Banking and Finance from The University of the West Indies will:
- have sound and comprehensive knowledge of critical issues important in the banking and financial services sector and also in the general business environment.
- develop knowledge and skills in specialist areas, such as Real Estate and Corporate Finance.
- develop advanced capacity for critical analysis and research, and
- enhance the technological culture of the financial community.
- Accounting for Managerial Decision Making
- Corporate Finance
- Legal & Ethical Environment Of Wealth Management
- Financial Markets & Institutions
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Investment and Analysis and Port folio Management on the Caribbean
- International Business Environment
- 15 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Banking and Investment View 11 other Masters in Finance in Barbados
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of the West Indies and/or in Barbados, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
International12000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD for the full programme during 15 months.
National11886 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14858 USD for the full programme during 15 months.
BDS$ 30,000 for national students
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.