- The Studio Art degree at Western Carolina University is earned through a 60-credit program structure of coursework, independent creative research, and art production. Through close interaction with our faculty of professional practicing artists, students are given guidance and expertise in a wide variety of media that is rigorously examined, reviewed and critiqued. Students also engage in a broad range of related experiences in contemporary art through programs and initiatives to complement the development of their studio practice.
- The MFA at WCU positions students to engage in conceptual strategies towards the independence necessary to navigate as professional artists and creative world citizens.
- The current generation of students has learned to interface with the world in a whole new way, with the computer and mobile phone, as their main creative and communicative tools. They are fortunate and poised to take advantage of the possibilities and new initiatives across the spectrum of disciplines. Working with different perspectives and knowledge provides a cultural landscape where exciting and unexpected ideas can emerge from the exchange, embracing new forms of inquiry, new technologies, and new production.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Studio Art curriculum include:
- Extended Media
- Public and Integrated Studies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Music View 1020 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: Applicants who earned a degree from an institution outside the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by an accepted foreign credential evaluation service
- Standardized Tests: GRE, GMAT, or other standardized test results
- Language Proficiency: Official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are required for applicants from countries where English is not the primary language.
International20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 36 months.
National20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State10030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5015 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Cullowhee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.