The Exercise Science programme at the Stellenbosch University is offered on a full-time basis and consists of three theoretical modules. Sessions that vary from one to four weeks are presented on a full-time basis and consist of intensive lectures, practical classes, demonstrations and seminars. You will receive prescribed reading work, assignments and seminar preparations to be completed at home. In addition, you must complete a research project and submit a written thesis on the project.
What we offer
Continuous attention is given to professional development with regard to research methodology, computer and laboratory skills and statistics. Furthermore there will also be a focus on communication skills.
- Exercise Immunology Endocrinology and Haematology
- Muscle physiology and pathophysiology
- Exercise Physiology and Metabolism
- Thesis in Exercise Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 19 other Masters in Sports Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A four-year BSc degree on NQF level 8 or a three-year BSc degree followed by a BScHons degree in a related biological science field or an equivalent qualification
- Undergraduate modules in Physiology and Biochemistry are recommended
- The programme co-ordinator and the departmental academic committee have the final decision on admission, taking into account the infrastructure and capacity of the Department
International1768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1031 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1031 EUR per year during 24 months.
R18,499 / R32,425
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.