The Department, which offers the Applied Mathematics programme at the Stellenbosch University, works closely with the DST/NRF Centre of Excellence in Epidemiological Modelling and Analysis (SACEMA). The centre focuses on research in quantitative modelling of the spatial and temporal patterns of disease. We are also actively involved in the activities of the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), a Pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate education and research in mathematical sciences. Stellenbosch University is a teaching and research partner in this partnership project between 6 universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thesis Applied Mathematics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 27 other Masters in Mathematics in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A BScHons degree in Applied Mathematics or an approved equivalent qualification
- The Department can require supplementary studies from you which may be considered when calculating your final mark
International988 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 988 EUR per year during 12 months.
National988 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 988 EUR per year during 12 months.
- R17 133
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.