Natural Resource and Environmental Management at The University of the West Indies provides graduate students with advanced training in techniques, mechanisms and policies for sustainable use and management of natural resources with emphasis on the Caribbean.The Programme is delivered in a maximum of 14 months. This includes a ten-month period for course delivery and assessment, plus a four month period for the research project and paper. Courses are taught as two to three week modules with assessment in each module (see latest Student Handbook).
Students at Natural Resource and Environmental Management at The University of the West Indies will gain knowledge in:
- Tropical Coastal and Marine Resource Management
- Climate Change
- Water Resources Management
- Land Management and Environmental Resilience
- Concepts and Issues for Environmental Managers
- Environmental Planning and Management
- Professional Skills for Environmental Management
- Geoinformatics for Environmental Management
- Resource Economics
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Measurement and Analysis in Natural Resource Management
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Natural Resource Management Environmental Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
International15878 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18525 USD for the full programme during 14 months.
- Part time international students 9525 USD
- UGC-Funding for national students: 6,000.00 BDS per year
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.