Considering the huge global growth in new railway lines, this presents exciting opportunities for graduates. In particular, industry growth has created a shortage of skilled railway engineers and thus salaries have grown rapidly in recent years.
This Railway Engineering with Project Management programme from University of Leeds is taught in conjunction with the University of Leeds’s world leading Institute of High-Speed Rail and Institute for Transport Studies.
You'll be taught by staff who are professionally experienced and have the latest research expertise, equipping you with the practical and professional skills that employers want.
Upon graduation you may expect to find employment in a range of roles across the railway construction industry, as a railway engineer, planning engineer or project manager among many others. Opportunities also exist with multidisciplinary consulting organisations, while many of our graduates return to work for government agencies and other large client organisations.
Our graduates have gone on to develop careers with organisations worldwide including: Ministry of Prisons KSA, Ove Arup and Partners Hong Kong, African Development Bank, Ghana Highways Authority, TATA Steel, Network Rail, Turner & Townsend, Mace Group, M+W Shanghai Co., Damac Properties, China State Railways and Keller Ground Engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Railway Track Design and Maintenance
- Railway Engineering and Planning
- Railway Systems Engineering and Integration
- Transport Resilience
- Railway Engineering and Project Management Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 309 other Masters in Project Management in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in civil engineering or a related engineering, science or mathematical discipline where relevant subject areas have been studied. Applications from professionally qualified and experienced candidates will also be considered.
- A bachelor degree with a 2:2 will be considered for candidates with at least one year’s relevant experience.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.