The Medical Microbiology programme at the Stellenbosch University consists of an extensive research project, leading to the submission of a thesis. The subject of the project is determined in close liaison with your supervisor, preferably within the area of expertise of the Division of Medical Microbiology, before you will be allowed to register for the programme. The initial research proposal is approved by a departmental research committee and the Health Research Ethics Committee of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Progress with experimental work is monitored continuously by the supervisor. If you are unable to demonstrate satisfactory progress, the programme committee may recommend that you discontinue your studies.
- Thesis (Infection Prevention and Control)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 178 other Masters in Public Health in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Stellenbosch University and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A BScHons degree in a relevant field of study
- If you have a BTech qualification: you will be considered for admission if you have passed the BTech degree with a minimum of 60%; and then you will be admitted if you pass the BScHons examination in the relevant field of study as a preliminary examination with a minimum mark of 60%
International959 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 959 EUR per year during 24 months.
National959 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 959 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.