The work boundaries of the traditional police intelligence analyst and digital forensic investigator are becoming blurred – today’s analysts need to be cyber aware, understanding how communication records and web search histories can be extracted and analysed.
This Crime Intelligence and Data Analytics (with Advanced Practice) programme, offered by Teesside University, covers these areas as well as theories that provide a better sense of the causes of crime and the prevention measures that can be put in place to stabilise and reverse these trends. It provides you with the skills to work effectively with large datasets, allowing you to make more informed decisions in relation to criminal investigations. Key features include writing code to quickly clean up data and packaging it so it’s suitable for analysis and visualisation, analysing Twitter downloads, searched words and images, geolocation points or big data.
You can expect to apply for an intelligence researcher and intelligence analyst role in a wide variety of career opportunities ranging from security, policing and business.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Coding tor Intelligence Analysts
- Crime Science: Theories, Principles and Intelligence Sources
- Cyber Security and Digital Investigation
- Forensic Investigative Strategy
- Legal Issues and Evidence Reporting
- Research Methods and Proposal
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Forensic Science Criminology View 173 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Teesside University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You are normally expected to have at least a 2.2 UK honours degree (or equivalent). We accept a range of degree subjects in the physical sciences, crime scene and forensic science. Social science graduates are particularly welcome for example, criminology, policing, sociology and the humanities.
- Non-UK students must also meet the University's minimum English language requirements.
International8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 20 months.
National4335 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4335 GBP per year during 20 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.