Taught components of the programme are delivered in a blended learning format. Blended learning is an innovative teaching strategy which involves a combination of face-to-face and on-line learning. This means that most learning/teaching will be delivered on-line through Blackboard, an interactive learning system which connects directly to the University from your own home computer. Students are required to attend face to face workshops for a total of 12 days across the programme. The programme is comprised of six theory /practice modules. In all modules there is an emphasis on exploring the relevance of module content to practice, similarly, practice placements allow students to explore “new” knowledge in practice, enabling them an opportunity to integrate theory and practice.
Nursing - Perioperative students at National University of Ireland, Galway are required to undertake their clinical practice in an approved clinical practice setting within Ireland normally within the students own work setting. Where the environment does not provide sufficient opportunities to meet the learning outcomes of the programme additional placements will be required by t he student in sites which will provide the experience needed. A minimum of 1,000 clinical hours need to be completed in the specialist area while undertaking the programme.
Graduates have found employment and promotion opportunities nationally and internationally.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Prevention of anaesthetic complications
- Service Improvement
- Clinical Governance Supporting Safe Practice
- Clinical Competence
- Physiological effects of surgery
- Prevention of surgical complications
- Advanced Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 72 other Masters in Human Medicine in Ireland
- Be a registered nurse on the General division of the Register maintained by An Bord Altranais agus Cnaimhseachais na hEireann.
- Have an honours degree or equivalent (Level 8).
- Have a minimum of six months post-registration experience (exclusive of post-registration courses);
- Be currently working in the required specialist area, i.e., Theatre (Perioperative setting) and have as a minimum six months clinical experience in this specialist area.
International14750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14750 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.