The Brass program of Manhattan School of Music is designed to develop skilled performers who are familiar with the standard solo, ensemble, and orchestral literature for their instruments. Students will achieve a high degree of professional competence and appropriate stylistic approaches to the literature of various historical periods. All students fulfill an ensemble requirement as outlined in their course sequence plans and as assigned by the School. In addition to studies with our expert faculty, students are provided additional opportunities to play for and observe world-renowned guest artists.
- Trombone (Tenor, Bass)
- Major Lessons
- Music History Electives
- Graduate Electives
- Brass Lab
- Trumpet Lab
- Large Performing Ensemble
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If your first language is not English, you will be required to take our in-house English Assessment during audition week
- We recommend that you upload unofficial transcripts and proof of degree(s) to the online application for the initial phase of the admission process. You must submit your transcripts in the original language and in English.
- All applicants who have completed their online application and passed prescreening (if applicable) must audition in order to be admitted to MSM.
- If you are offered admission to MSM, you will receive details on how to apply for a student visa with your acceptance. You will be required to apply for the SEVIS Form I-20.
International48280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48280 USD per year during 24 months.
National48280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48280 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.