The goal is to provide experienced, dedicated healthcare professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills in wound healing and tissue repair to ensure the highest quality of care for patients. Lecturers and facilitators on this course are recognised for their expertise nationally and internationally through research, education and clinical practice.
Unique features of this programme include the multidisciplinary approach. It is the first Level 9 course in skills development and competency in compression therapy and Doppler technique. The lecturers are internationally recognised for their expertise in this field.
Career OpportunitiesStudents at National University of Ireland, Galway graduating from this Wound Healing and Tissue Repair programme will be able to enhance their clinical skills and knowledge in the area of wound healing and tissue repair. As wound management crosses many disciplines, the career path will vary according to the discipline. In the field of nursing, this programme will support nurses’ application for the role of Clinical Nurse Specialist in Tissue Viability (but does not guarantee that such an appointment will be made).
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Service Improvement
- Clinical Governance Supporting Safe Practice
- Management of venous leg ulceration
- Advanced Research Methods
- Management of Diabetic Foot Disease
- Advanced Wound Care Management
- Vascular Disease
- Research Dissertation
Lecturers and facilitators on this course are recognised for their expertise nationally and internationally through research, education and clinical practice.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 72 other Masters in Human Medicine in Ireland
- Hold an honours bachelor‘s degree at NFQ Level 8 in a healthcare profession. Applicants who do not hold an honours degree or Higher Diploma should contact the programme director for further details
- Hold current registration with their relevant governing body, for example NMBI, CORU, IMC
- Be currently employed in healthcare
- Have a minimum of six months’ clinical experience in an appropriate setting since qualification
Be currently employed in healthcare.
International14750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14750 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU fees Year 1: €6,500 and Year 2: €3,250.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.