In the intercultural environment of the European Campus, the Material Sciences - Polymer science program from University of Strasbourg aims at providing a comprehensive and interdisciplinary training including chemical, physical and biological aspects of polymer and soft matter sciences. Contacts with industry and early possibilities to specialize according to individual preferences will offer broad opportunities for a career in the industry or academia.
Admitted students study in the first semester at Strasbourg university and in the second semester at Freiburg university. For the third and fourth semester, students choose either Freiburg or Strasbourg university to finalize their Master thesis.During the whole duration of the Master, students are guided and advised by the team of teachers and the administrative staff of both universities.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Polymer and Soft Matter Sciences
- Macromolecular Materials and Chemistry
- Master’s research internship and master thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Natural Sciences Molecular Sciences View 11 other Masters in Natural Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of grades
- Bachelor diploma or certificate of successful completion
- Letter of recommendation from one or two referees (with contact details)
- Cover letter explaining the reasons for choosing this particular master’s degree
- A B2 level certificate in English (B1-B2 levels in French and German would be appreciated, but not mandatory as courses are in English)*
- An interview (in person / skype / telephone) might be scheduled in order to verify the candidate’s motivation and level of English
International512 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 256 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA512 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 256 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Strasbourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.