About Healthcare Simulation and Patient Safety at National University of Ireland, Galway
Healthcare simulation is the modern way to educate healthcare providers to achieve high performance and to improve patient safety.
By completing the Diploma, you will learn how to use simulation in your own practice to deliver better safer healthcare. You will also learn how to use healthcare simulation for quality improvement, systems and process testing and for facilities planning. By completing the Masters programme you will go on to understand how to use simulation for research and how it can support research.
The main goal of the course is to develop expertise in design and implementation of healthcare simulation. This will allow you to become a leader in education and open up opportunities in senior academic posts within healthcare. For those with an interest in patient safety, you will gain expertise in human factors and how healthcare processes can be improved. If running a simulation centre, you will develop skills in stakeholder engagement and demonstrating a return on investment allowing you to progress to senior management positions within organisations.
Programme StructureCourses include
- simulation based education
- Simulation with manikin and task based trainers
- Standardised patients, virtual patients, and hybrid simulation
- Human factors and patient safety in simulation
- Uses of medical and healthcare simulation beyond education
- Running an effective simulation based education programme
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
PDipSc 60 ECTS
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 82 other Masters in Human Medicine in Ireland
- An honours bachelor degree at NFQ Level 8 in a relevant healthcare discipline (e.g., medicine, nursing, speech and language therapy, pharmacy), although applicants with evidence of at least three years’ equivalent professional/academic experience will be considered (e.g., emergency medicine technicians, simulation technicians).
- A demonstrated proficiency in English.
- Previous experience, or an academic qualification, in the education and teaching of healthcare professionals.
- A demonstrated interest in simulation.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Galway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.