The primary aims of the Education Policy Studies programme at the Stellenbosch Universityare to:
- assist you as an educators to develop your critical understanding of education policy in the context of democratic transformation;
- challenge you to analyse, reflect on and question educational theories, policies and practices;
- enhance your skills and leadership to enact change; and
- encourage you to explore creative responses to diversity.
- Democratic praxis and educational transformation, including policy developments within the South African political context
- Values in education, including equality, liberty, diversity, justice, shared compromise, practical reasoning and community
- Globalisation, internationalisation and free market ideology
- Centralisation/decentralisation dynamics
- International comparative studies on learner achievement and school effectiveness
- The learning institution and the nurturing of quality within instructional change
- Developing supportive processes, systems (organisation building) and funding.
A secondary aim is to equip you with the necessary research skills to undertake further advanced studies at doctoral level and to do research on Education Policy Studies. These aims include the competence to function as researchers of educational policy in professional contexts.
- Education Policy Studies
- Comparative and International Education Studies
- Education Management Leadership and Policy
- Philosophy of Education
- Research for Education Policy Studies
- Sociological Perspectives in Education
- Research Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 58 other Masters in Education in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution. Qualifications shorter than 12 months in duration will not be considered
- Proof of English Language proficiency
International1289 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1289 EUR per year during 12 months.
National1289 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1289 EUR per year during 12 months.
- R22 172
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.