Graduates of the Adult and Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston will be prepared to sit for national certification by the American Nurse's Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) Certification Corporation.
- Opportunities to immerse in the theoretical aspects of leadership practice & apply these theories in clinical settings.
- Theoretical and Research Foundations for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Geriatric Syndromes
- Pharmacological Principles and Clinical Therapeutics
- Public Policy
- Advanced Health Assessment
- NP Diagnostic Reasoning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Gerontology View 54 other Masters in Gerontology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Required: a resume, all official transcripts, a personal statement (see personal statement guidelines) & three (3) references including one (1) professional, one (1) academic, and one (1) from your current clinical manager or other authority speaking on your commitment to discovery of new knowledge, your current knowledge in a clinical area, and your dedication to the profession.
- Required: A minimum of one (1) year of recent experience as a registered nurse (RN) in an Acute Care, ED, or ICU environment. Applicants must also have a current certification in BLS and ACLS.
International11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5580 USD per semester during 24 months.
National11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5580 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State1200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.