The programme offered by National University of Ireland, Galway aims to provide students with professional education and training in the core competencies for effective health promotion practice, including the following:
- Theoretical background to the concepts and principles of health promotion.
- Determinants of physical, mental and social well-being.
- Application of health promotion interventions across diverse population groups, topics and settings.
- Critical role of the research process in the development of knowledge and best practice in health promotion.
A variety of career opportunities in Ireland and abroad exist for graduates of this programme. Graduates are qualified to pursue a full-time career in health promotion or to incorporate health promotion principles into their work, expecially those in the health and education sectors.
MA graduates have found employment in statutory, voluntary, community and academic positions in a number of roles including dedicated Health Promotion Specialist posts.
PDip graduates have found employment in a diverse range of fields of health and medical research, including MDs and PhDs and improved professional knowledge, skills, and attitudes in daily practice (Evidence-Based Healthcare).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Research Methods
- Foundations of Health Promotion
- Health Promotion Practice
- Determinants of Health Promotion
- Promotion Healthy Behaviours
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- Re-orienting Health Services
- Supportive Environments
- Evaluation of Health Promotion Programmes
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management View 24 other Masters in Health Management in Ireland
Eligibililty for the MA programme is generally an honours primary degree (H2.2), or equivalent international qualification.
International16020 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16020 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6600 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.