The Master of Teaching - Secondary is a dynamic course dedicated to preparing future teachers for the Secondary Education profession.
Designed specifically to develop professional knowledge in both theory and essential practice within real classrooms, graduates are provided with all the necessary tools to become successful and confident teachers.
This Teaching - Secondary program offered at Edith Cowan University coursework program accommodates "principles and dimensions" of excellence and is delivered through mutually beneficial partnerships between the University and individual schools.
Upon completion, graduates are eligible to teach in a major and minor area of study in secondary schools in both the private and government sector, and will meet the highest standards in personal ethics and practice which the profession demands.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, evaluate and synthesise teaching theory and practice in authentic situations.
- Apply communication and collaboration skills to design innovative curriculum, learning and assessment activities in secondary education.
- Reflect critically on a complex body of education knowledge, research principles and methods to demonstrate mastery of secondary teaching.
- Use high level self management skills to initiate, plan and execute an extended practicum.
Graduates will be eligible to teach in a major and minor area of study in secondary schools in both the private and government sector.
Secondary school teachers may also work in industry, TAFE, community organisations, private tutoring, consultancies, personnel training, administration and public relations.
Possible future job titles
Secondary Teacher, Art Teacher, Computing Teacher, Dance Teacher, Design and Technology Teacher, Drama Teacher, English Teacher, Health and Physical Education Teacher, Home Economics Teacher, Humanities and Social Science Teacher
Accredited by: Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA)
- Classroom Management and Instruction
- Learning and Teaching: From Theory to Practice
- Major Area of Specialisation
- Minor Area of Specialisation
- First Professional Practice
- Diversity and Inclusion: The Differentiated Classroom
- Assessment and Reporting in Teaching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend you apply as soon as you can. It's best to receive an offer as early as possible so you can prepare for orientation and semester start.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 208 other Masters in Education in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 098288B
- The following course-specific admission requirements are mandatory and must be satisfied by all applicants. These requirements are in addition to or supersede the minimum requirements outlined within the Academic admission requirements band section below.
- All applicants are required to demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge in a particular discipline to enrol in a major area of specialisation (eg. a Major in their Bachelor degree) and intermediate skills to enrol in a minor area of specialisation (eg. a Minor in their Bachelor Degree), and provide a resume, In addition to satisfying academic entry criteria, applicants for pre-service teacher education courses at Edith Cowan University must also satisfy non-academic criteria. Applicants' non-academic capabilities will be assessed based on completion of a Non-Academic Requirements for Teacher Entry (NARTE) online questionnaire.
International32550 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32550 AUD per year during 24 months.
National4000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Joondalup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.