The award comprises two components; course work and production of a research thesis.
The coursework of Master of Medical and Health Science by Research offered at Edith Cowan University will provide instruction in research skills, methods and statistics to assist in the completion of the research thesis.
Further, it will provide a tailored approach to providing advanced specialised knowledge for a chosen field. The thesis component allows for in-depth investigation of a specific research question within the student's chosen field.
The thesis will be supervised by experienced researchers within the School of Medical and Health Science whilst catering for engagement with industry and other partners to enhance research translation.
This research course aims to extend the student's knowledge relevant to their chosen specialisation, in order to develop leadership roles within their profession and open up new areas for professional development and future research studies.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply cognitive, laboratory and creative skills to investigate complex medical, biomedical, allied health or health science constructs, ideas and issue by undertaking and evaluating research activities.
- Apply communication and collaboration skills to present findings, collaborate with diverse audiences and justify conclusions in professional contexts.
- Reflect critically on a complex body of medical, biomedical, allied health or health science knowledge, research principles and methods to demonstrate mastery in the field.
- Use high-level self-management skills and independent judgement to plan and execute a substantial research project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Preparation: Principles and Approaches
- Thesis Preparation
- Advances in Medical Science
- Testing and Analysis of Human Performance
- Evidence-Based Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 323 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 097271G
- All applicants are required to have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant science area i.e. Medicine, Medical Science, Biomedical Science, Health Science, Occupational Therapy, Occupational Health and Safety, Occupational Hygiene, Speech Pathology, Paramedicine, Physiotherapy, Exercise and Sports Science with a course Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 or higher, with equivalents considered.
International33800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33800 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.