The Transdisciplinary Health and Development Studies programme at the Stellenbosch University aims to create a space for a diverse group of students to take on the social and political complexities of health and development through theoretically informed and methodologically rigorous social research.
The programme aims to create a space for a diverse group of students to develop the theoretical and methodological skills necessary to take on the social and political complexities of health and development in Africa.
The specific option that you may register for in this MPhil is dependent on your training.
The first option (879) requires the writing of a thesis containing the results of independent research on a research problem. You must do additional course work in support of the development of a research proposal. Once the proposal is approved by the programme committee, you begin with the research, analysis, and writing.
The second option (899) requires the completion of four modules and a research assignment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical theory for transdisciplinary research in health and development
- History, politics and ethics of health and development in Africa
- Social science methods for health and development
- Directed reading for research development
- Research Assignment (Transdisciplinary health and development)
- Thesis (Transdisciplinary Health and Development Studies)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSociology Sustainable Development Health Sciences View 192 other Masters in Health Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified.
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A postgraduate diploma in Transdisciplinary Health and Development Studies, a related social science Honours degree or a health sciences qualification with proven experience in social science research on NQF level 8
- An average final mark of at least 65% in the relevant subjects, and with demonstrated academic ability
International3530 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3530 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National2258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2258 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- SADC and Africa: R45,000
- International: R70,350
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.