The MA Social Science Methods programme at the Stellenbosch University consists of a thesis on a topic with a strong methodological focus and extends over one year. It follows after the Postgraduate Diploma in Social Science Methods, but students with an equivalent qualification at the NQF level 7 are welcome to apply. It focuses on the methodology of social sciences research and aspects of science philosophy, research ethics and research management.
What we offer
This programme focuses on the development of critical thought as well as theoretical and conceptual research competence in a specialised area of social science research, such as the philosophy of science, research ethics, the sociology of science and research management and/or with a strong methodological component.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thesis (Social Science Methods)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology View 43 other Masters in Sociology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Social Science Methods or an Honours degree in Sociology or Social Anthropology or an equivalent qualification at NQF level 8
- An average final mark of at least 65%, with demonstrated academic ability
International1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
National1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
- R21 948
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.