The Ministry degree from Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago is a practical professional degree that incorporates both coursework and fieldwork and will allow you to concentrate your studies on a particular ministry discipline or passion.
Leaders for a Public Church Curriculum
LSTC’s curriculum cultivates competencies for leadership in a public church that focuses on community engagement, public witness, and social transformation. Our holistic approach to theological education breaks academic disciplines out of their silos and allows creative collaboration to flourish.MAM students take eight Orienting and Deepening Courses and eight additional Pathway Courses for a total of 16 courses that cover all areas of competency. Coursework for the MAM can be completed in two years. Students pursuing a call to the ELCA’s roster of Word and Service must also complete 600 hours of field work.
- Cultural Context: Public Church I, Ethics
- Religious Heritage: Scripture, History and Theology, Grace Incarnate: Lutheran Confessions
- Ministerial Leadership: Ministerial Leadership
- Spiritual Formation: Spiritual Formation
- Summative Evaluation or Diaconal Ministry Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications should be submitted at least two months before the beginning of classes.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 301 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree (any field of study) from an accredited college or university
- Average 3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
- Application for Admission
- Autobiographical Statement of approx. 800-1,000 words.
- Official Transcripts from all institutions where you have completed academic work since high school.
- References from three people using the Master's recommendation form [PDF].
International18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 USD per year during 24 months.
National18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.