The department provides high-level theoretical and analytical training in a variety of subfields of Political Science, with particular focus on political risk analysis, public policy analysis, political behaviour and survey research, foreign policy analysis, global governance, and conflict and peace studies in Africa. Experts from practice and international universities are frequently involved in the presentation of modules.
The general aim of the Political Science programme at the Stellenbosch University is the development of a thorough understanding of political events, processes and tendencies based on methodologically accountable and theoretically informed empirical research. The programme also aims to train you as researcher to make professional contributions to the discipline of Political Science.
The programme is aimed at training analysts with an advanced understanding of policy and political risk analysis.
- Thesis (Political Science)
- Selected Themes (Political Science)
- Policy Analysis
- Political Risk Analysis
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 17 other Masters in Political Science in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution. Qualifications shorter than 12 months in duration will not be considered
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- An Honours degree in Political Science or an equivalent qualification as approved by the Senate
- An average final mark of 65%
International1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
National1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
- R21 948
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.