The Master in Integrated Systems Biology programme at University of Luxembourg involves handling large amounts of data and thus bioinformatics and network analysis are essential elements in this modern education in biosciences. Systems Biology (an extension of Biochemistry and Physiology) wants to understand and model systems: individual cells, organs and whole organisms on the basis of their constituting molecules. It integrates established disciplines in Biosciences and renovates them for the challenges of the future.
- Employment opportunities in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries
- Researcher in biological, biomedical or pharmaceutical laboratories
- Data scientist with a focus on biomedical applications
- Doctoral Programme in Systems and Molecular Biomedicine at the University of Luxembourg
- Combination of life sciences and computational science
- Use of the most modern technologies in biosciences
- Early involvement in research projects
- Strong links with the Department of Life Sciences and Medicine (DLSM) and Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) at the University of Luxembourg
- Gene Regulation / Transcriptomics
- Practicals in Gene Regulation
- Protein Structure and Function
- Practicals in Bioinformatics
- Bioscience Seminar Series
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Motivation letter: besides the use of good English (see above), the applicant should demonstrate that he/she understands for what type of specialized studies he/she applies (for example by mentioning that the studies will necessitate skills in mathematics and computer sciences and not only classical biology).
- General scientific background: the applicant should have passed courses in fundamental science disciplines, such as mathematics, physics, chemistry and biochemistry, with an acceptable grade (12/20 or more).
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Registration fees: 200 € / Semester
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.