The programme in Geo-information Technology Science and Earth Observation at the Namibia University of Science and Technology builds on the outcomes of the level 8 qualifications in this cognate area and aims at providing practice-oriented education for high level scientists/specialists that are able to provide practical solutions to real-world in Geoinformation and Earth Observation related problems in Namibia and beyond.
This programme will, furthermore, enable students to evaluate and design complex and innovative systems in the above-mentioned areas of specialisation using advanced analytical, design, as well as management tools and techniques in order to addresses natural sciences and societal needs. Students will also be capacitated to work and study independently, synthesis knowledge at the forefront of Geoinformation and Earth Observation, and conduct research using the scientific method. The programme will be a combination of coursework and a thesis.
- The Master of Geoinformation Science and Earth Observation will be awarded to candidates credited with a minimum of 240 NQF credits (all at level 9).
- Students are required to complete three compulsory courses worth 60 credits, three elective courses worth 60 credits, and a master thesis worth 120 credits.
- In addition, students must meet the administrative and financial requirements of the NUST as set out in the Yearbook (Part 1).
- Spatial Analytical Methods
- Advanced Image Processing and Interpretation
- Communication of Geospatial Information
- Spatial Databases and Web Mapping
- Research Methodology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor of Geoinformation Technology Honours or a four-year pre-NQF qualification with a research component or an equivalent qualification at NQF Level 8, from a recognised institution will be admitted into the programme.
- Applicants may be required to make up specific deficiencies and attend a pre-selection interview and/or test at the discretion of the Postgraduate Studies Committee.
- Applicants from other institutions are required to submit detailed information on all courses in their previous qualifications, as well as contact details of three referees. The latter also applies to applicants who have been working in the field subsequent to obtaining their previous qualifications.
International1267 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1267 USD per year during 12 months.
National1267 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1267 USD per year during 12 months.
- N$ 19,900/ year 1
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.