The programme is presented by the Centre for Regional and Urban Innovation and Statistical Exploration (CRUISE), of the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies.
The Urban and Regional Planning programme at the Stellenbosch University comprises a research thesis of 180 credits plus other possible prescribed co-requirement modules and deals with the study and solution of a relevant planning and development problem or, the programme comprises a course work component of 90 credits and a research thesis of 90 credits. The thesis deals with the study and resolution of a relevant planning and development problem.
- Thesis (Urban and Regional Planning)
- Social Systems
- Spatial Economic Systems
- Urban Systems
- Urban Form and Function
- GIS Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Urban Planning View 21 other Masters in Geography in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution. Qualifications shorter than 12 months in duration will not be considered
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A professional Bachelor's degree in Urban and Regional Planning or Development Planning
- A pass mark of 60%
International1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
National1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
- R21 948
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.