Exposure to a broad range of literature in class, studio, performance lab and listening will increase the student’s knowledge of performance literature from various periods, styles, genres and composers. Instructional pedagogy in the student’s medium will assist in preparing the student for competency in private instruction.
Upon completion of the Master in Music Performance program from Lee University, the individual should possess the following qualities, abilities, and skills:
- The ability to prepare musical experiences/performances that are informed by an understanding of historical performance practice and advanced musical analysis, and frame the results in a scholarly manner.
- The ability to articulate a Christian worldview of music and the arts.
- The ability to perform as a soloist and in ensembles with distinctive skill.
- Extended knowledge of pedagogical methods and experience in the area of studio teaching and rehearsal settings, including conceptual and practical applications that support learning.
- An extensive grasp of literature in the area of the student’s medium sufficient for initial performance needs.
- A basic working knowledge of music technology and current trends in music performance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Music Studies
- Performance Practice in the History of Music
- Concepts of Analysis
- Vocal Literature
- Graduate Recital
- Completed application form
- $25.00 U.S. dollars nonrefundable application fee
- Checks drawn from overseas banks are not accepted. International money orders are suggested.
- Official records of post-secondary academic work. All academic records and other credentials must be accompanied by an official English translation
- The official language at Lee University is English. A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score must be officially reported by the Education Testing Service if the applicant is from a non English-Speaking country (Lee University’s institutional number is 1401)
- Financial Statement. A sponsor’s guarantee form and bank statement, documenting that there is sufficient financial resources for two semesters of study including travel expenses. This is a United States government regulation that is strictly enforced by Lee University.
International13345 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 785 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13345 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 785 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.