Whether you are a recent college graduate, an active educator, or a practicing worship leader, the Master in Music Education program at Lee University was designed with you in mind.
The Lee University School of Music has the faculty, curriculum, facilities, flexible scheduling, and collateral training opportunities to prepare you for the work of tomorrow’s musician and advanced studies in music.
Program OutcomesUpon completion of the Master of Music-Music Education degree, the graduate should be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to prepare musical experiences/performances that are informed by an understanding of historical performance practice and advanced musical analysis, and frame the results in a scholarly manner.
- The ability to articulate a Christian worldview of music and the arts.
- The ability to organize, administer and develop a program of choral, instrumental or elementary music including: personnel, facilities, equipment, and budget.
- A basic working knowledge of current music technology for use in the classroom and in performance.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to function effectively in public and/or private schools with students, parents, staff, administrators, and the community.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in music education and how to function within them.
Classroom teachers, ensemble directors and music administrators who hold the baccalaureate in music will be provided opportunity to refine skills gained at the undergraduate level and in other spheres of learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods/Design in Music Education
- Foundations of Music Education
- Curriculum and Assessment in Music Education
- Current Issues in Music Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3972 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed application form
- $25.00 U.S. dollars nonrefundable application fee
- Checks drawn from overseas banks are not accepted. International money orders are suggested.
- Official records of post-secondary academic work. All academic records and other credentials must be accompanied by an official English translation
- The official language at Lee University is English. A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score must be officially reported by the Education Testing Service if the applicant is from a non English-Speaking country (Lee University’s institutional number is 1401)
- Financial Statement. A sponsor’s guarantee form and bank statement, documenting that there is sufficient financial resources for two semesters of study including travel expenses. This is a United States government regulation that is strictly enforced by Lee University.
International12560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 785 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 785 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.