Upon completion of the Master of Music-Music Education degree, the graduate should be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to prepare musical experiences/performances that are informed by an understanding of historical performance practice and advanced musical analysis, and frame the results in a scholarly manner.
- The ability to articulate a Christian worldview of music and the arts.
- The ability to organize, administer and develop a program of choral, instrumental or elementary music including: personnel, facilities, equipment, and budget.
- A basic working knowledge of current music technology for use in the classroom and in performance.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to function effectively in public and/or private schools with students, parents, staff, administrators, and the community.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in music education and how to function within them.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods/Design in Music Education
- Foundations of Music Education
- Curriculum and Assessment in Music Education
- Current Issues in Music Education
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 1002 other Masters in Music in United States
The following application materials must be submitted:
- Completed Application Form
- $25.00 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Official Transcript of all college work
- Essay explaining rationale for graduate study (see criteria for specific degree program)
- Three Recommendation Forms completed by three professionals, including two academic and one personal reference
- Measles Immunization Verification (if born after January 1, 1957)
- Proof of a Tuberculin PPD skin test taken within a one-year period of the date of admissions application
International755 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 755 USD per credit and a duration of .
National755 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 755 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.