In particular, the Master degree course in Industrial Bioengineering from University of Naples Federico II is a multidisciplinary field, focused on the design, fabrication and development of devices that physically interact with biological entities such as molecules, cells, tissues and organs.
Massive improvements have been achieved so far in Prosthetics, Pharmacy, Diagnostics thanks to the translation of engineering concepts to the clinical practice.
Tangible examples of this integration are represented by drug eluting stents, bioactive hip prosthesis, biodegradable bone fixations, antifouling intraocular lenses, protein-based MRI contrast agents, nanovectors for targeted and controlled drug delivery.
Industrial Bioengineers are professional that possess a solid knowledge in Engineering, which is complemented by a fundamental knowledge on cell and molecular biology and physiology.
What's The Master Degree About
- The Master Degree in Industrial Bioengineering belongs to the LM-21 class (Classe delle Lauree in Ingegneria Biomedica). The programme is conceived in order to provide the students with ‘tools’ that are necessary to translate the recent outcomes of the biotech field in the development of effective and feasible therapeutic strategies and diagnostic systems. In particular, the course is founded on three main pillars, namely Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Nanomedicine and Diagnostic Devices.
- Therefore, classes are organized in order to cover various aspects of Industrial Engineering (mechanics, thermodynamics, transport phenomena, material science and technology) that are integrated with a fundamental understanding of biology and medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Advanced Thermodynamics
- Advanced Transport Phenomena
- Thermodynamics of Living Systems
- Transport Phenomena in Living Systems
- Systems and Synthetic Biology
- Microfluidics for Lab-on-Chip
- Fundamentals of materials for biomedicine
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Bio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering View 7 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a degree attained at a University or post-secondary qualification obtained at a non-university higher institute that allows the continuation of studies at academic institutions in the next level;
- certificate issued by the competent University certifying the exams passed, as well as for each discipline, the detailed programs for the achievement of the aforementioned titles.
- two photographs (one of which is authenticated by the Italian Representation responsible for the territory);
International410 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 410 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA476 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 476 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students EU: €476 plus regional tax €140 per year
- Students extra EU: €410 plus regional tax €140 per year
Living costs for Naples
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.