Students in this Master in Theological Studies with an Ethics emphasis program will be allowed to work with faculty in order to build a course of study to follow their own academic interests through a cross-disciplinary approach to their program. In so doing, they will master their field of study as it relates to ethical issues in the social and natural sciences, visual and performing arts, education, business, or religion.
The end result of the emphasis is that the student will be equipped for discourse in the public realm as it relates to ethical policy in local, national, and global communities.
The School of Religion offers the M.A. in Theological Studies with an Ethics emphasis with several goals in mind. We aim to:
- Foster the continued development of research and writing skills in the area of biblical and theological studies.
- Contribute to the body of biblical and theological knowledge and literature.
- Assist the student in developing a personal hermeneutical and exegetical position to be used in acquiring a comprehensive understanding of Old and New Testament content.
- Develop an understanding of the philosophical foundations for theological reflection.
- Prepare the student for the teaching enterprise, whether in the educational ministry of the church or in the context of the academy at large.
- Prepare the student to engage in more advanced degrees, including doctoral studies.
- Integrate faith and learning in such a way as to develop the individual in mind and spirit in order to enhance their own spiritual development and also that of the body of Christ.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Biblical Criticism/ Hermeneutics
- Early Christian Doctrine
- Philosophical Ethics
- Directed Readings in Theological Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 703 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Completed application form
- $25.00 U.S. dollars nonrefundable application fee
- Checks drawn from overseas banks are not accepted. International money orders are suggested.
- Official records of post-secondary academic work. All academic records and other credentials must be accompanied by an official English translation
- The official language at Lee University is English. A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score must be officially reported by the Education Testing Service if the applicant is from a non English-Speaking country (Lee University’s institutional number is 1401)
- Financial Statement. A sponsor’s guarantee form and bank statement, documenting that there is sufficient financial resources for two semesters of study including travel expenses. This is a United States government regulation that is strictly enforced by Lee University.
International785 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 785 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National785 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 785 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.