The Master of Science in Translational Medicine (MSTM) at Keck Graduate Institute is a two-year KGI–Irell and Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences at City of Hope (IMGS) joint program. Graduates will be uniquely positioned to begin research laboratory careers in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, clinical or academic laboratories, or pursue further education at the doctoral level, medical education, or both.
MS in Translational Medicine Program Learning Outcomes:
- Generate hypotheses and perform hypothesis-driven research
- Design research and methodology, and analyze and report data results
- Assess literature, identify knowledge gaps, and convey findings to the scientific community
- Translate science/engineering discoveries into products and processes that benefit society
- Communicate effectively with scientists, engineers, and business professionals
- Adhere to ethical principles in research, development, and business issues
- Tackle complex problems and contribute productively on an interdisciplinary team
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Training in responsible conduct of research (RCR) and laboratory safety training.
- Training in biomedical research techniques and specialize equipment within City of Hope Share Resource Facilities. Literature study and discussion with IMGS faculty to broadly define a thesis research project.Second Year – SummerDevelop thesis project, establish thesis mentor and thesis committee. Training in Concepts in Molecular Genetics Lab.
- Complete proposal outline (Hypothesis, Goal, and Specific Aims) for thesis committee approval. Independent research in mentor’s laboratory. Complete and present preliminary thesis (all sections except Results, Discussion and Methods) to thesis committee. Lead discussion on a topic at KGI.
- Independent research in mentor’s laboratory. Complete remaining thesis sections; thesis submission and thesis defense. Public presentation/research symposium at KGI. Lead discussion on a topic at KGI.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Health Sciences View 1252 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation
- Standardized Test Scores
- English Language Proficiency
- $75 non-refundable application fee
International35658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35658 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National38658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38658 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.