We encourage musicians with these interests to consider the master of music degree in conducting. Building on a long tradition of excellent performing ensembles, the Greatbatch School of Music seeks to shape motivated, dedicated musicians into conductors with outstanding musical understanding, solid technical preparation, effective rehearsal techniques, and broad stylistic expertise.
Graduate from Choral Conducting at Houghton College should demonstrate strong technical gifts and solid musical and academic accomplishment. Admission to this curriculum is highly selective, with only one or two candidates per year admitted in each area (vocal and instrumental).
- To produce graduates who are prepared for any or all of the following, depending on their accomplishments and goals:
- service as musical leaders within their local and regional communities, educational institutions, and musical organizations
- undertaking the establishment of a professional career via auditions, competitions, and further conducting experiences
- beginning doctoral studies in conducting.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Graduate Applied Conducting
- Graduate Recital
- Graduate Ensemble
- Seminar in Music History
- Advanced Orchestration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 993 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application
- Download application (PDF), or
- Apply online
- Graded Sample of Undergraduate Upper-Level Academic Writing in Music (preferably a history or analysis paper)
- Repertoire List (see application for guidelines)
- official undergraduate transcript(s)
- official graduate transcript(s) if applicable
- Personal Statement (see application for guidelines)
- Audition Registration Form (You may Register Online.)
- Include Accompanist Request for Audition (if applicable)
- Scores for Accompanist (if applicable)
- Application Fee ($40)
International645 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 645 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National645 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 645 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.