Whether one chooses an emphasis in instrumental chamber music or as a keyboard collaborator, this curriculum offers talented performers breadth and depth in musical collaboration.The Collaborative Performance program is offered by Houghton College.
The ideal candidate for collaborative performance studies will bring significant undergraduate experience in chamber music or as an accompanist. Sight-reading of ensemble repertoire will be expected as a part of the performance audition.
Should normally possess a Bachelor of Music degree or its equivalent, demonstrate strong interest and ability in collaborative performance, have substantial ensemble and/or solo repertoire in their résumé, and have good sight-reading ability. For collaborative arts majors, acceptable entering performance levels will be based on the applied levels required of Houghton College BM students for completion of the undergraduate curriculum in music education.
- To produce graduates who are prepared for any or all of the following, depending on their accomplishments and goals:
- service as performers and teachers within their local and regional communities.
- undertaking the establishment of a professional career via auditions, competitions, and further performance experiences.
- beginning doctoral studies.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Music History
- Special Topics in Music History
- Systems of Analysis and Contemporary Art Music
- Advanced Orchestration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 997 other Masters in Music in United States
- Completed Application
- Download application (PDF), or
- Apply online
- Graded Sample of Undergraduate Upper-Level Academic Writing in Music (preferably a history or analysis paper)
- Repertoire List (see application for guidelines)
- official undergraduate transcript(s)
- official graduate transcript(s) if applicable
- Personal Statement (see application for guidelines)
- Audition Registration Form (You may Register Online.)
- Include Accompanist Request for Audition (if applicable)
- Scores for Accompanist (if applicable)
- Application Fee ($40)
International645 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 645 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National645 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 645 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.