Whether one chooses an emphasis in instrumental chamber music or as a keyboard collaborator, this curriculum offers talented performers breadth and depth in musical collaboration.
The ideal candidate for collaborative performance studies will bring significant undergraduate experience in chamber music or as an accompanist. Sight-reading of ensemble repertoire will be expected as a part of the performance audition.
Should normally possess a Bachelor of Music degree or its equivalent, demonstrate strong interest and ability in collaborative performance, have substantial ensemble and/or solo repertoire in their résumé, and have good sight-reading ability. For collaborative arts majors, acceptable entering performance levels will be based on the applied levels required of Houghton College BM students for completion of the undergraduate curriculum in music education.
- Seminar in Music History
- Special Topics in Music History
- Systems of Analysis and Contemporary Art Music
- Advanced Orchestration
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic View 1111 other Masters in Music in United States
In order to have your application for admission reviewed by the Admission Committee, the following items must be submitted:
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- TOEFL (required for non-English speaking students and may be required for students whose first language is not English
International32930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32930 USD per year and a duration of .
National32930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32930 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.