Due to the specific changes in the energy markets and the growing importance of reducing the anthropogenic greenhouse effect there is currently a rising demand for industrial engineers who are specialised in dealing with problems of energy and environmental management.
For one thing, the solution to the key environmental problems in this area presents businesses, the state and society with new tremendous challenges. For the other, the liberalisation of the markets for grid-bound energy sources results in completely new requirements for businesses in the energy sector and in new opportunities for large companies in the energy procurement industry.
Graduates of the Energy and Enviromental Management in Industrial Countries at Europa-Universität Flensburg course work for
- energy supply companies of all sizes operating in the areas of strategic planning, power plant and grid planning, dispatch, use of renewable energy sources, forecasting intermittent energy sources, load forecasting, electricity trading, risk management, energy services and contracting, emission allowance trading, environmental management, environmental policy
- Manufacturers of energy technologies operating in the areas of strategic planning, development and marketing of new products, project management, technical-economic market analysis, environmental management
- Service providers and engineering consultants operating in the energy and environment sector in the area of project development, contracting, electricity trading, emission allowance trading and environmental management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureStudy areas:
- Technology and Economics
- Energy and Environmental Technology
- Energy Industry and Energy and Environmental Management
- Renewable Energy Sources and the Efficient Use of Energy
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 21 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You can apply if you
- have an above-average bachelor degree in Engineering (at least four academic years not older than 6 years) and a professional experience of at least two years in a field related to the course focus (internship will not be considered)
- can prove your proficiency in the English language by submitting an internationally recognized language certificate (TOEFL iBT Score 80, IELTS Band 6) Note: A certificate that English was language of instruction is not sufficient for admission. Native speakers of English are exempted.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
There is, however, a matriculation/enrollment fee of 25 Euros, to be paid once, when you register at the Europa-Universität Flensburg for the first time.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.